Artificial flower garlands for weddings you need to know because Can you imagine a wedding without any flowers whatsoever?
No. No one should. Flowers are, if you allow me to say, the essence of a wedding: be it the fairytale one, the destination wedding, the super-informal one or the traditional just-close-friends-and-family one. From the candelabras to the boutonniere, and essentially the bride’s bouquet; the elegance and beauty of flowers bless it all.
Now, one such important thing in the decoration of the wedding is the flower garlands.
Today, I will tell you exactly how important these can be and hence why you should incorporate these in the wedding decorations of anyone you know and of course, in your own wedding (if that’s not happened yet, duh).
Who Needs Artificial Flower Garlands For Weddings
As I mentioned seconds ago, any bride. Anyone getting married. More particularly, the ones that need to cut short the budget on the real flowers and invest that in, say, food or other decorative items.
Besides the budget, there are other reasons to include them in your wedding. If any of that matches, you should be doing it, trust me.
Why You Need Them
1. Fresh wedding garlands are unmatched, no matter how much craftsmanship goes into making your silk floral garland. But consider this, can you store your real flower garland for your children and grandchildren to see? No, you can’t. You might think of dried flowers, you know, like the roses we used to keep in between pages of a fat book to reveal the dark, dried rose with special memories. But a whole garland will be really tough to dry and store. Also what if you move out? All that is solved if you purchase an artificial garland.
2. If you don’t want to store your garland (because obviously there will be too many and you might be an indecisive person like me), you can gift them away. Distribute these amidst the wedding guests. They will not only remember you but also bless you. Honestly, who doesn’t like a gift, that too, flowers?
3. No worries with heat and humidity. No matter where you’re getting married, they’re safe. Speaking of which, do you plan to wed under water?
4. No staining. If your post is wrapped with white cotton or satin and the dying flower leaves stains of pink or purple, this is the last thing you want.
5. Zero allergic reactions so no complaints from the third cousin twice removed.
6. They are made in advance so the night before the wedding day, or on the day of the wedding, you don’t have to worry about the flowers arriving. Focus on the fitting of your dress.
7. You can use the garlands later, for Christmas or other holiday decorations. You can also use it to liven up the living room or family room just to reminisce the memories from the day or for the sake of beauty.
Which Ones To Choose
You can choose your garlands from August Grove, Charlton Home, PARTY JOY, DearHouse, AmyHomie, Mavi, Hecaty, etc.
And you can also select them from Amazon, if not the company websites, after your own research. You’ll be surprised or not to know that some of their garlands come with fairy lights and other fancy bits, which make them not just a good bargain, but a great one.
If I suggest, you can choose artificial Magnolia garlands, any garland made with Spring flowers and a combination of Easter flowers and/or Hydrangea garlands.
You can also choose garlands that come with berries; they are too cute. You can use autumn flower garlands with Chrysanthemums and Maple leaves for a warmer feel and tone.
Amaryllis and Tulips are also great choices. Devil’s Ivy, Boxwood, Fir and Pine garlands can add the greens you need to add the final touches to the floral decorations. But at the end of the day, it’s your call.
Things To Keep In Mind
It is always good to be safe and be well equipped with necessary information before you buy something. The same case is with this. Be sure to keep the following points in mind before buying:
There are plastic and polyester as flower garland material. But since this a wedding and not for home decor, I’d rather you choose silk ones or rayon flowers which have real twigs and branches. There’s also satin for you to choose.
Your design shouldn’t just have flowers or a bunch of flowers, but leaves, berries, and vies for a fuller and more decent look. Make sure they match their real counterparts with as much to the respect to the craftsman.
Find a garland that instead of just hanging can be bent and twisted to the shapes of the posts and arbors.
Make sure the dye from the colors does not bleed. Make sure the garlands have been made in advance because there are chances the freshly made ones will color bleed.
Look out for the stick-out wires and plastic, even threads. You must be familiar with how a sticking out thread(s) when gets hooked something can ruin the whole piece. Be cautious. Accidents can happen anytime, you should have a safety check done beforehand.
All these doesn’t mean you can’t opt for real flowers and fake flower garlands at the same time, or you can’t ignore fake flowers totally. You can, but just some opinion. It is for you to decide whether or not you’d like and want them in the weddings.