We think you need an ornamental plant, yeah, this review about the best artificial topiary trees can help you to decorate homes for different events.
Being a little (or more) fake might be what you and I would call sinful. Well, it’s just not the case for plants, is it?
If you are a tree hugger but have caused the death of few plants because you forgot to water them on time; or have forgotten the last time you weeded out your bougainvillea; or have been throwing tissue paper and chocolate wrappers and birds litter in the plant pot right next to your dustbin only to realize it later (sorry, mum), artificial plants are what you need. Fancy a little geometry or playing with shapes? Topiaries. It is the topiaries you need. And we have just the best topiary trees for you to pick from.
Topiary is a practice that dates back to the ancient civilization of Egypt, Persia, and Greece. Still, it is regarded as a symbol of aristocracy in the modern world. Actually, it is the practice of cutting or wiring trees in a way that decorates your front porch, lawn, doorstep, doorway, and obviously your home. However, with the advancement of modern technology, the popularity of the practice of the topiary has decreased considerably because of its cost and maintenance hazards. Accordingly, the demand of artificial topiary trees has increased among all kinds of people due to their easy maintenance and cost-efficiency. These artificial topiary trees are also called ornamental plants as they also decorate your home for different events.
- 1 10 Best Artificial Topiary Trees
- 1.1 Silk Decor Boxwood Topiary UV Resistant (Best Artificial Topiary Tree)
- 1.2 Pre-potted Spiral Boxwood Topiary Trees In Plastic Pot (Best Spiral Topiary)
- 1.3 Arborvitae Tree In Round Plastic Pot (Best Fake Topiary Tree)
- 1.4 Artificial Boxwood Leave Double Spiral Topiary (Best Faux Topiary)
- 1.5 Double Ball-shaped Boxwood Topiary In Plastic Pot
- 1.6 Artificial Boxwood Triple Ball-Shaped Topiary Plant
- 1.7 Set Of 2 Pre-potted 3 Foot Artificial Cedar Topiary Trees
- 1.8 Silk Decor 6-Feet Tri-Ball Boxwood Topiary Plant
- 1.9 MyGift Set of 2 Small Realistic Artificial Boxwood
- 1.10 Artificial Faux Topiary Trees with White Planter (Best tabletop topiary)
- 2 What Are The Artificial Topiary Trees?
- 3 Why You Need It?
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Buying Guide for the Best Topiary Trees
- 6 Final Words
Best Artificial Triple Ball Topiary (Recommended)
- SHAPE UP YOUR INDOOR & OUTDOOR SPACES: Keep your home décor, garden, office, reception area or business looking crisp and sharp, without spending time on gardening and maintenance. Our highly realistic, spiral topiary boxwood trees will introduce an irresistible sense of exclusivity and elegance to any setting and draw your guests’ eyes with their unique charm and style.
- INVEST IN HIGH QUALITY THAT SHINES: Made with premium quality plastic that is extremely durable and does not require constant care, each of these beautiful artificial topiary buxus shrubs has multi layered, rounded leaves with an impressively realistic color and natural feeling texture that makes them indistinguishable from real plants. Height: Approx. 4.6'/Width: Approx. 1'
- ENJOY A FLAWLESS LOOK ALL YEAR ROUND: Infused with an advanced UV inhibitor that protects the fake plants against harmful UV rays, these elegant boxwood topiaries are designed to withstand wind, rain and sunlight exposure and stay evergreen throughout the season, without losing their vibrancy.
- INSTALL EASILY: This set of fake decorative Buxus plants comes pre-potted in a plastic, 7" W / 5.9" H pot and is easy to use right out of the box. The shrubs can also be installed directly into the ground or in a decorative planter for an even more natural result. NOTE: Usually the leaves will need some re-shaping by hand after shipping, as they can get slightly deformed in some places during shipping.
- GET IT RISK-FREE: This beautiful set of artificial topiary boxwood trees is backed by a full, 90 day money back guarantee of complete satisfaction. If you don’t fall in love with your new, highly realistic buxus trees immediately, you can return them for a full refund, hassle-free.
10 Best Artificial Topiary Trees
Now, you’re going to know about the best fake topiary trees.
Let’s do that:
Silk Decor Boxwood Topiary UV Resistant (Best Artificial Topiary Tree)
Manufactured by Silk Decor, this Boxwood Topiary medley is a collection of triple ball with a plastic pot. It is a perfect choice for both indoor and outdoor settings. And it highlights your living room and increases the variety of your front porch or lawn.
- It is 4 feet high and 14 inches wide.
- Triple ball topiary with a plastic pot that looks realistic topiary
- And it weighs around 16.65 pounds.
- It is UV resistant and perfect for all seasons and for indoor and outdoor use.
- You can also use it in your office to bring a little variety in the decoration of your office.
Pre-potted Spiral Boxwood Topiary Trees In Plastic Pot (Best Spiral Topiary)
Manufactured by the Arcadia Silk Plantation, these topiary trees are arguably the best topiary trees for the front porch. They look absolutely marvelous and beautiful.
- Each of these topiary trees comes with approximately 1221 leaves.
- The size of the pot is approx 7 inches in width and 5 inches in height.
- The height of the whole tree is 4 feet, and the width is 1 foot.
- Made of pure plastic.
- Can be used for both outdoor and indoor display.
- It weighs around 21 pounds.
- And it remains dust-free and saves you from the hassle of cleaning.
Arborvitae Tree In Round Plastic Pot (Best Fake Topiary Tree)
Manufactured by National Tree Company, this topiary tree is impressive as the Christmas tree and for the front porch of your home.
- This tree comes with a round plastic pot in varieties of color.
- Has three different sizes available: 36 inches, 48 inches, 60 inches, and 72 inches
- It weighs 3.25 pounds.
- Can be used for both indoor and outdoor display
- As it is an artificial tree, it does not require any dirt, water, or sunlight.
- Animals and insects cannot harm an artificial tree.
- Looks as real as a live tree and does not catch dust.
- No pruning is required for this tree as it does not grow at all.
- It’s great for the areas that do not support live plantings and maintenance of that tree.
Best Spiral Boxwood Artificial Topiary Trees (Recommended)
- Each with approx. 1221 leaves, Grower Pot approx 7" W, 5" H
- Height approx. 4', Width approx. 1'
- Made of plastic, used for both indoor and outdoor display
- Pot Included, Basic assembly and shaping needed.
Artificial Boxwood Leave Double Spiral Topiary (Best Faux Topiary)
Manufactured by Admired By Nature, the spiral topiary tree brings the beauty of gardening to your home and office. You can also simply place it outdoor to enhance the appealing look of your home or at the entrance of the office. This 5 feet artificial double spiral topiary comes with a pot.
- The size of the tree is 60 inches in height, i.e., 5 feet, 12 inches in width.
- And the pot size is 7 inches in height and 9 inches in width.
- The overall weight of this product is 12 pounds.
- Great for both indoor and outdoor decoration.
- You can also use it in your office to bring a little variety in the decoration of your office.
Double Ball-shaped Boxwood Topiary In Plastic Pot
The ball-shaped Boxwood Topiary trees have a classic look for the front porch and the entryway. For their use outdoors, they are one of the best artificial boxwood topiary for outdoor decoration. Romans used to decorate their entryway with these kinds of topiary trees.
- The double ball boxwood topiary in the plastic pot has a height of 4 feet.
- And the plastic pot has many different colors, and you might as well choose other forms of the pot like urn or container.
- The size of this artificial topiary tree is perfect for dropping into roman style urn or container.
- And the dimension of this product is 6 x 6 x 48 inches.
- It weighs around 11.35 pounds.
- The aristocracy and esthetic appeal of this tree might give your guest a great feeling of entering the house.
Artificial Boxwood Triple Ball-Shaped Topiary Plant
Manufactured by Admired By Nature, this ball-shaped topiary plant tree with the boxwood leaves is perfect for decorating the inside and the outside of your home. The natural look of this artificial tree might beguile you into believing that it is a real live tree. You might also want to touch it whenever you see it.
- The overall size of the tree is 9″L x 9″ D x 36″H.
- Size of the pot is 6″H x 6.5″W.
- The overall weight of each tree with the pot is 7.2 pounds.
- The color of the leaves has different, darker shades.
- You can also set it by the fireplace of your home, and it won’t be harmed.
- The dust-free feature of this artificial topiary tree is pretty unique.
Set Of 2 Pre-potted 3 Foot Artificial Cedar Topiary Trees
It’s always frustrating when you are not able to look after the plants around your home, and now it’s a mess to get them back to their lives. No worry, now you have reached the artificial cedar set to improve your home decor.
This is one of the best topiaries to most of the users for their unique shape. It will help you to reduce the backyard post-planting works and gives you the feeling of green. Not many can notice the impurity of this set at the first look. Let’s check out how it can reduce your hassles and improve the look of your home.
The product comes in a set to provide you with the perfect look at the staircase or at the living room. Nobody will find this set of artificial trees, unusual and inappropriate anyway. Here nothing comes in the bed of roses. Due to the packaging, the tree will be in pieces. It needs to be adequately fixed to get the desired shape that you want. Adjustable branches are easy to set, but it will take a while. Large black pot with the package helps it to attain a semi-real look.
- Each tree of the set of 2 artificial cedar trees is 3 feet high.
- The black plastic nursery pots of this set are 6.6 inches wide at the top, 4.25 inches wide at the bottom, and 5.75 inches high.
- The set of trees with the pots are very durable.
- An adjustable branch of the trees might require to be repositioned to achieve the desired full look after opening the packaging.
- It’s a fantastic set of artificial topiary trees that will enchant your guests.
Silk Decor 6-Feet Tri-Ball Boxwood Topiary Plant
Manufactured by Silk Décor, three different sizes of balls comprise this artificial topiary plant tree. It is also called the artificial topiary ball tree. These balls are full of boxwood leaves and they look greener and livelier than the leaves of the real topiary trees.
- It comes with a plastic pot. The size of the pot is 5.9 inches H x 6 inches’ diameter.
- The ball that is on the top is the smallest one (12 inches’ dia.)
- And the ball in the middle is the medium one (15 inches’ dia.)
- The ball that is on the bottom is the largest (18 inches’ dia.)
- Actually, the weight of this topiary is 18.95 pounds.
- You can use it both inside and outside of your home or at the entrance of the office.
- Though it is artificial, it looks livelier than the living topiaries also.
Best Artificial Topiary Ball (Recommended)
- Outdoor Artificial Boxwood Ball Topiary Bushes By Silk Tree Warehouse Company Inc
- About 2 feet Tall (The height is from the bottom of the pot to the top of the tree.)
- 16 inches Wide at widest point, the branches are easy to reshape down
- In black pot (Container measuring 5.75 inches tall and 6.5 inches wide.)
- Two UV Bushes by Silk Tree Warehouse Company Inc
MyGift Set of 2 Small Realistic Artificial Boxwood
Manufactured by MyGift, the set of 2 small, realistic artificial boxwood is a faux tabletop plant that comes with a gray ceramic pot. This topiary tree is a beautiful addition to your tables in the reading room or the living room.
- The pair of boxwood topiary looks realistic and petite from every angle.
- 2 artificial plants are identical, and the pots that they come with are look-alike as well.
- Each of the trees comes with a naturalistic gray planter.
- This set of boxwood topiaries can help you bring a touch of greenery to your desks, patios, coffee tables, and more.
- Actually, the dimensions of each tree are 5W x 12H x 5D.
- The realistic looks of these artificial trees will definitely make your table look livelier.
Artificial Faux Topiary Trees with White Planter (Best tabletop topiary)
Manufactured by MyGift, these trees are great to increase the beauty of your drawing room and your home. It fits in almost every color combination of your home as there are many options of color available for these trees.
- It comes with basically three colors: White, Purple, and Yellow.
- The height of these plants is approximately 10,” and the diameter is 5″.
- These decorative artificial trees come with flowering branches that are arranged into a lovely globe.
- The planter pots with these trees are made of white plastic that is durable and beautiful.
- Also features a layer of synthetic artificial grass at the base of the plant.
- Will give a look of perfectness to your living room mantle, bookshelf, coffee table, dining room table, and any other place you want.
What Are The Artificial Topiary Trees?
Topiary is the art of cutting woody or evergreen, perennial plants into the thick foliage. The traditional topiary gardeners (read: artists) used a patient’s mind and a steady hand. Contemporarily, wires are used to give them their unique shapes.
We know that the actual topiary is the practice or art of creating sculptures or forms by clipping trees and bushes (shrubs). Laurel, holly bushes, private hedges, and Myrtle are the common plants that are used in the topiary. Modern topiary sometimes uses shaped wire cages but traditional topiary depends on the application of special scissors with incredible patience and a steady hand.
For having artificial topiary trees, you don’t need anything like patience or a steady hand. It’s good to have those virtues for other reasons than rearing artificial topiaries because these plants will come to you ready-made. They are made of plastic but they look more real than the real ones. You might also call them fake topiary trees, but they don’t look fake at all. Artificial topiary trees resemble the actual practice of topiary trees in a manner that you will not be able to differentiate between the artificial ones and the real ones. Similar to the real topiary trees, artificial topiary trees can be used for the front porch, in pots, and with lights.
Why You Need It?
Now, that is a little off-putting because, in this day and time, I don’t see me or you practicing the subtle art of topiary while also maintaining the busy schedule that we are running on. But what’s interesting is that you can buy artificial topiaries, and spare yourself as much as ninety-nine percent of the trouble.
You’re making your home ready for a birthday party, anniversary party, wedding party, or Christmas; you might not be able to think of it without a tree. In recent years, more and more people have preferred artificial trees to the traditional actual trees for these events.
The days of dull-looking plastic artificial trees with weird stiff stems that fade away quickly and collect dust are long gone. Contemporary artificial topiary trees are sturdy and smooth enough to withstand all outdoor conditions, and they don’t fade for years.
If you are a greenery lover, but you do not have enough time to nurture a plant, or you do not have enough money to employ a gardener to make a garden or topiaries for you, artificial topiary trees are the best option for you to decorate your lawn and your house.
Moreover, artificial topiary trees have many advantages over the live topiary trees:
As the live trees are born in nature, they come with only a few shades and shapes that leave you with fewer options to choose from. Artificial topiary trees offer you many different shades of colors that allow you to decide and select the shade of green that looks best in your lawn or home. Additionally, there are a lot of styles to choose from according to your needs and choices.
Matching the Wreath and the Garland
As the artificial topiary trees are more customizable, they are more likely to be matched perfectly with a wreath and a garland. For a standard cohesive look at a wedding or other parties matching trees are essential. Fake topiary trees in pots are fantastic for decorating any events or your home.
Safer for Ornaments and Lights
The artificial topiary trees with lights are a much better option for Christmas trees as they can be pre-lit and worn ornaments without the fear of breaking. They’re safer with all sorts of lights and decorations.
The actual live Christmas trees can make a fire hazard because they are generally so dry and flammable. The heat of the light can also ruin the leaves of the tree and it might not look good. Artificial topiary ball trees that come with views don’t have these issues and are, in the general safer for your house.
One of the most irritating hassles of the real topiary trees is the clean-up process that comes afterward. Naturally, the live trees will shed their leaves, and you will need to clean them up if you don’t want a messy house or a lawn. Artificial topiary trees will save you from the hassle of cleaning up every day.
No wonder that artificial trees are more cost-efficient than the real trees. Not only for their durability, but they also don’t require any maintenance procedure. Cheap topiary trees are even better than the real trees in terms of cost and maintenance.
How can I plant artificial topiary trees in pots or planters?
It is actually straightforward to plant artificial topiaries in planters or pots. What you have to do is take the pot or planter first and fill it. You can try adding soil, sand, mud, pebbles, and rocks, or anything of your choice because it honestly won’t matter a thing. Who was going to keep them alive anyway! After you are done with the base, you can place the topiary inside it. Sometimes, topiaries come with planters themselves. Remove any such thing if there is.
What price range can I expect from topiaries?
Just like any right product, you can expect all the spectrum there is. There are cheap topiaries, mid-range ones, and highly-priced ones. But highly-priced ones aren’t mandatorily good and cheap ones aren’t necessarily bad.
Under strong sunlight do these plants maintain their color?
The UV-resistant topiaries are meant for outdoors. They don’t usually lose brightness in the sun, so they are safe to put outdoors. So, if you don’t want your plants to lose color, get UV-resistant ones. If you can’t seem to find them or they aren’t what you were looking for, get natural plants and place them under shade to preserve their color.
Do birds land on artificial topiaries?
That’s a common question, but that depends. If you can get really realistic plants that will fool even the birds, then you can get them to land on your plant and trick everyone around. But for that to work, you will have to work hard, finding the right product!
Can we place such topiaries in real soil?
Yes, you can. If you are not worried about the trouble dealing with real soil and mud, if you don’t mind it, you can opt for it. And it won’t be a hassle since you wouldn’t need to attend to the plant or water it.
Buying Guide for the Best Topiary Trees
So, how to buy the best topiaries you ask?
- Not only are there different species, but there’s also plenty of options when it comes to size, shape, and base material as well. One type doesn’t suit your taste, fine. There’s always a chance there’s another charmer!
- Try to pick the right plant. English Ivy, Cedar, Boxwood, Floor Juniper, Floor Moss, Cypress, Eyre are some of the best options. However, for artificial topiary trees, Boxwood is always the best option for beginners starting with these and they are also cheap topiary trees, so everyone usually opts for this one. If you are newly beginning, we suggest you also pick Boxwood.
- Don’t opt for plants that look too made up. For example, plants that have dew drops on them, or a glossy finish. They’ll always make you look tackier and less savvy. Now really, think that it is the middle of summer and you placed your topiary under scorching heat. Your mother in law comes to visit and finds that in this extremely heated weather, you have a plant outside that has dew drops on it as if it just rained. How fake could it possibly get? And you will have to hear once more from her for being lazy. Gosh!
- Bring a real image of the plant along, so you’re sure what you’re buying is actually what you had expected. Crooked shopkeepers may hand you an Ivy saying that that’s a species, but you come home to find that it was just a poorly made plant handed over to customers like you who had done no research. Also, don’t forget to look at the roots or the stems for a proper understanding of this plant is a good, fake one.
- The heights of topiaries range from 10- 61 inches or so. Choose the height according to the place you’re planning to put the plant on. Besides location, you should also remember to think about the furniture. The height of the plant should not overwhelm the furniture or the room, not just the space that you are putting it in. If it’s the corners, prefer taller ones; if it’s for your staircase, short ones would be better.
- Choose the base type of your plant according to your taste. You can choose from planters, pots, urns, and vases. Right outside your door, containers would give an ethnic feel; an ornament for your living room and planters for your kitchen would be more aesthetically pleasing.
- If you have spare pots in your home, you can try to get topiaries for it. Pick one from the best topiary plants for pots and you will find yourself dealing with better things.
So now that I’ve let you know why to buy the perfect fake topiaries and how to buy them, I’m hoping it’ll be safe to say you will.
So, now you’ve become the master of artificial topiary trees because you know almost everything about the best topiary trees to pick from. You know how they came into existence and how they evolved to become artificial and save you from many hassles. You know why you need them, and you know which of the artificial topiaries are best for you. So, there should not be much of a problem for you to choose the best artificial topiary trees for you whether you buy them for a party or decorating your office or your home.
Artificial topiary trees Argos, Silk Décor, Admired by Nature, MyGift, etc. are the best artificial topiary trees that you might find in different stores online or offline. However, my advice to you would be that you buy the tree that appeals to you the most of the tree that is best suited for the place you want to place it on. Best of luck!