So you think you are running out of themes to decorate your house, and the fashionable glitter pillows, fur rugs, and colorful walls aren’t helping with what you want? Good news for you; we have the best outdoor hanging planters that can change the outlook of your house, whether you choose to place them indoors or outdoors (we’re thinking ceramic hanging planter for indoor).
Using hanging planters as your element of decoration, you can suspend them from your walls, hang them off your ceilings and place flowers, succulents and whatever you want inside and find the choicest new decorative item. And the best part? No chances you have to break your bank while attempting these.
- 1 Reviews on Top 10 Best Outdoor Hanging Planters
- 1.1 Geranium Hanging Planter (UV-Resistant) (best Planter for Outdoor)
- 1.2 Hanging Planter for Outdoor Plants (Best Heavy Planter)
- 1.3 Hanging Planter Round Self-Watering Basket (Best for Self-Watering)
- 1.4 Metal Hanging Planter Basket with Coco Coir Liner (Best Metal Planter)
- 1.5 Deck Railing Planter for Outdoor (Best Pot Planter)
- 1.6 Begonia Hanging Basket
- 1.7 Forge Hanging Basket with Coco Liner
- 1.8 Round Hanging Planter for Indoor and Outdoor
- 1.9 Metal Hanging Planter with Coco Liner
- 1.10 Plastic Hanging Planter Coffee Brown 2 Pack
- 2 Buying Guide on the Best Planters
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Final Word
Best Outdoor Hanging Metal Planter (Recommended)
- HEAVY AND DURABLE CONSTRUCTION – Metal planter pot with antique copper finish includes half-inch solid iron frame with flat black powder-coated finish and heavy duty black chain with S hooks. Top of the chains are joined by a ring as shown in photo. Drainage hole in base of metal planter pot. The design of this outdoor planter is modern with a timeless feel. Place outdoors on your patio, deck, or balcony. Sold as a single, but also great in pairs or multiples
- ROUND PLANTER - SCROLLING METAL FRAME – The round planter pot measures 14.6 inches diameter across the top and is 8.25 inches deep. The planter bowl measures 7.5 inches diameter across the bottom. The overall width of the hanging planter with the frame is 16.75 inches in diameter. Items are hand-crafted and many vary slightly in size due to being handmade. This planter garden box will make an eye-catching focal point and impressive statement wherever it’s placed. Unique and sturdy.
- ELEGANT STYLE FOR ALL SEASONS - Built to last, use with any seasonal décor. Stunning filled with flowers and greens. Easy to update and freshen your holiday decor. Try a color theme this season and a texture theme next month. Simple enough to blend with any outdoor theme. Trending now, the rich antique copper finish adds earthy warmth to your traditional or modern home. This planter can also be placed on a table top as a centerpiece.
- PLANTERS WITH PERSONALITY – MINIMALIST STYLE – Plants not only promote a healthy home environment but can offer a touch of elegant beauty to your home and garden. Uniquely designed with a heavy, durable construction, the H Potter hanging succulent planter is the perfect accent for alfresco dining and outdoor living. Tranquility of greenery is an ideal mood setter and stress reliever, this gardening planter is the perfect size to fit nearly any location and can be moved easily.
- QUALITY BY H POTTER – H Potter has been designing and manufacturing premium quality garden products for over 20 years. We do not pretend to be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. Packaged well, with stunning craftsmanship and backed by great customer service, we’re proud to say our garden products are built to last. If you’re looking for something memorable, this beautiful round planter would make a perfect wedding decoration or birthday gift idea.
Reviews on Top 10 Best Outdoor Hanging Planters
The best outdoor hanging planters are mentioned below:
Geranium Hanging Planter (UV-Resistant) (best Planter for Outdoor)
You can get this hanging basket with geranium floral in it. Amidst a garden of dark green foliage, you will see little buds of red geranium. The deep red blooms are as beautiful as the planter itself. Since these are UV-resistant, you can place them both indoors and outdoors.
You won’t face the trouble of the piece going sunburnt or losing colors. Throughout the summer season, they will make a good catch. But if you choose to keep them outside, remember that they can get twined in the breeze, and then the only work you have to do is untwine them!
Hanging Planter for Outdoor Plants (Best Heavy Planter)
If you ask us, this has a rustic, straight from the magic world feel to it. This metal planter does not come with flowers but is durable and sturdy in construction. It has a copper finish that adds to its properties. There is an iron frame around the base metal pot, and the entire thing has a powder-coated finish so that the cluster doesn’t lose its beauty so soon.
From three ends of the iron frame, three chains emerge, which connect to a top ring. This is from where you will hang the planter. This item is handmade and is made especially to suit your balcony, patio, and deck or any outdoor decoration.
Hanging Planter Round Self-Watering Basket (Best for Self-Watering)
This planter is available in 2 sizes, one of them is 8 inches and is the smaller planter, and the other measurement is 13 inches, that is the more substantial planter. We picked a two-pack version of the more significant planter for you. These baskets are beautifully made hanging spheres perfect for both your home and your garden.
It has a built-in self-watering mechanism by dint of which your living plants will thrive in it. There are convenient water reservoirs inside the planter, which supplies moisture to the soil and plant roots, prevents over-watering, and the indicator monitors the water level to be always kept at an optimum.
Metal Hanging Planter Basket with Coco Coir Liner (Best Metal Planter)
There are four planters in the pack, each of which measures 14 inches. They have a depth of 7 inches to let plants in. Outside the base planter, there is a construction of steel rods that adds to the sturdiness of the planter. The frame is coated with black vinyl, so as not to rust and reduce the beauty of the entire thing.
The chains and hooks associated with the planter are all powder-coated and will defy rough weather. So you can quickly put them in your garden to hang outdoor plants.
Deck Railing Planter for Outdoor (Best Pot Planter)
A window box is different from what we have been talking about so far. With a window box, you can serve two-fold purposes.
One of them is that you can plant up to 3 three different plants here, at a safe distance and directly into the soil you have put inside the box. Or, you can put up to three mini planters inside the wooden box, so from afar, it would seem as if you have the three of them directly planted in, but this is more convenient.
In the second option, you can easily change the planters by merely taking one out and putting a new one in; the first one will be a little messy. Anyway, you can mount it on walls, place it on the handrail, and you will be amazed at the versatility of this piece. The galvanized metal basket is handwoven and can resist frost.
Begonia Hanging Basket
What is a better way there to add to the beauty of Begonias than putting them in hanging baskets? Well, there could be plenty of ideas, but for now, we choose to mention only one.
This is another hanging basket that mixes the bright combination of green leaves and red flowers and accentuates the beauty of your house.
You can have the branches moved as you like to show the realistic fakeness of the plant growth once you get it. That way, you can fool others better!
And in summer, if your porch gets hot and the leaves hotter, don’t worry because these won’t fade.
Forge Hanging Basket with Coco Liner
Gardner planters are available in 8 different options. You can pick from different sizes such as 12-inch ones, 14-inch ones, 20-inch ones if you are selecting baskets to hang; you can go for 24-inch ones, 30-inch ones, 36-inch ones, and 48-inch ones if you need troughs and the last option is a wall manger.
Coming back, these hanging baskets have a class design on the inside, and the outside focuses steel strips in the form of a frame that encloses the inner material. It is coated with PVC vinyl coating, so no matter what you see on it, you won’t see rust.
Now, we are talking about color options! Enough with the sizes now. Didn’t you wish you could pick planters that matched your walls or furniture? Good news for you because you have four options here. Instead of going for a graphite planter, you can pick from espresso brown, oasis white and sandy beach colors.
If you want your planter to match the walls without ruining their beauty, get the pastels ones; if you have a thing for darker accessories in a minimal room, pick from the other two. These are made durable polypropylene resin and won’t peel or dent easily.
It has a woven pattern that looks contemporary and tasteful, and the drain plug allows you to use it both indoors and outdoors.
Metal Hanging Planter with Coco Liner
Cast iron is an essential part of making this hanging planter. The high-quality material is added to make the entire look and feel of the planter more premium. The frame has three double-loops from which steel chains come out. The chains and the S-hook make using it pretty easy and fast.
There is the right amount of space dedicated to putting flowers in, and the circular arrangement makes it easy for you to decorate the flowers in a beautifully showy manner.
Plastic Hanging Planter Coffee Brown 2 Pack
The last one on the list is available in two colors, brown and white. Rejoined plastic has been used to make this planter, and it is sturdy and a hundred percent weather-proof. It has an elegant style, and the pattern is near in manner to a real rattan. It is 10 inches in diameter and comes with added chains. With an environmentally-friendly approach, this planter is sure to please you.
Buying Guide on the Best Planters
Your home is a good representation of your personality. Hence, how you decorate it will affect how your guests view you. So picking up planters to decorate your house such that it doesn’t clash with the aura of the house and the vibe that you want people to get, it is essential that you keep in mind a couple of things before going to purchase them.
If you wish to buy ceramic hanging planters or earthen ones, they should be effortlessly in harmony with your internal decor, and they shouldn’t burn a hole in your pocket. To give you a better understanding, here is what you need to keep in mind.
- The first thing that you need to remember when buying anything is the price. Everyone has a different definition and understanding of a budget and how much they would like to spend. So we think it is best if we include planters of varying price ranges in the list. That way, everyone who loves the list can buy at least one item.
- A very different suggestion from what you’re used to seeing, we want you to invest in reading reviews when you are buying planters. When you learn more and more studies on the same item from different users, you get an idea of what the actual utility of the thing is and the experience of others with the issue that can shape your choice of having or not having the item.
- We suggest you stick to well-known brands. But when you see brands that are growing, but have good reviews, don’t hesitate to get one from them. Give such small ones an option, and more often than not, you will be impressed. Also, buy from environmentally aware manufacturers. This is 2020, and we know that sustainability and being environmentally responsible are encouraged. If you can achieve that from the simple purchase of a planter, kindly do that.
- The size of the planter will also matter. This mainly depends on what type of plant you are planning to put inside your planter. If you know that you will be planting mere hers, there is no need to get big and large ones; it will look unnatural. Know what sort you want to put in the planter. And if you are still confused, get yourself a medium-sized one that will look good with succulents, herbs as well as hanging flowers.
- The material used in making your planter will be as essential as all the rest. Plastic, resin, and ceramic are standard options when picking materials for your planter. But pulling the advice from the previous point, try to go for options that give you planters made of sustainable and little to not at all harmful materials.
- The design of the planter also influences your picking. You can get plaid ones, wavy one, segmented or striped ones; there are also options to pick very well designed planters. Anyone you pick will reflect your taste, so choose wisely. If you are confused that anything would not go with the outlook of your house, simply select the minimal or design-free ones.
- Pay attention to the color of the planters.
How are we supposed to hang potted plants outside?
You can hang them off the ceiling of your garden or from any pillar; it would be fine.
Which hanging plants can take the sunlight without getting spoilt?
We discussed two planters here, exceptionally good at making the sun. Go through the reviews again!
How frequently do hanging baskets need watering?
Not so frequently if you have artificial plants, but twice a day is good enough.
How do we keep the hanging baskets blooming all through summer?
By planting summer plants, you can make sure that your hanging basket remains blooming all through summer. Get flowers that thrive in the sun.
Why are the hanging baskets that I bought dying?
It is probably because you aren’t watering them well. If that is not the case, then see if they need sunlight and put them under natural light to let them grow. You can add fertilizer to the soil too to help them from drying out of malnourishment.
Get a ceramic hanging planter for outdoors or wooden ones for indoors; these are the essential words you will get to remember. We hope things are bright, and the next purchase of planters is a good one!