Fake plants are full of colors and textures to decorate any home or office space. Because of these faux plants, you don’t have to reschedule the time-table for extra maintenance or nurturing. Furthermore, they bring a peaceful, calmness into the living space. So far, fake plants are an excellent ornamental enhancement, but they also need some dusting and cleansing now and then.
If you want them to look greenish, whether rain or shine, give them a deep cleaning once in a while. Let’s show you how to do it.
- 1 How Often You Need to Clean?
- 2 How to Clean Artificial Plants
- 3 Unique Ways of Cleaning Silk Plants
- 4 How to Clean the Fake Aquatic Plant
- 5 Some Extra Tips on Cleaning
- 6 Final Words
How Often You Need to Clean?
Silk or plastic, no matter the material your fake plants built on, dust and dirt will cover its surface eventually. You can call them dust magnets. The least you can do for your plants is giving them a regular dusting once in a week. Call it a regular dusting routine, and follow it per annum.
All you have to do, Budge the dust extractor around the tree frame. By doing this, you will reduce the odd filth, piling up on the plants that are harder to remove. Twice a year, yes, give your plants a deep cleaning twice a year.
- One of the finest silk palm trees we offer, this six and a half foot Golden Kane Palm tree will have you feeling like you are always on vacation. Standing a full 78” high, the multiple trunks sport 333 palm leaves, just waiting to dance in the warm tropical breezes. Perfect for any room or office décor, this majestic palm tree will create a sunny atmosphere wherever you place it.
- This item arrives in two pieces. Please insert the top piece of the tree into the stem/base of the tree for full height.
- Overall Product Dimensions: 45 In. W x 40 In. D x 78 In. H; Planter/Vase Dimensions: W: 10 in,H: 8.5 in. Measurements are from the bottom of the planter/vase to the furthest extended flower or leaf on the arrangement. Width dimensions are also calculated from each furthest outstretched dimension.
- No Maintenance Required; No Watering. Looks full and fresh every day; wipe clean with a soft dry cloth.
- Sitting just over six feet tall, this silk palm adds beauty to any room or office decor. This majestic palm is adorned with over 300 palm leaves.
How to Clean Artificial Plants
New plants become less filthy relatively to old fake plants. A quick dusting can remove all the grime from your new plants, but if the dirt is too old and stubborn for the duster, it needs a careful procedure. Here’s an exclusive method about how to clean artificial plants effectively.
The Cleaning Tools and Goods
To give a deep cleansing, your adored fake plants require these given below tools. However, some parts of it could be replaced with alternatives because of the diverse fake plant’s variations.
- Electric Duster/vacuum cleaner/feather duster/medium size paintbrush
- Warm water
- Filth cleanser( window cleaner/ isopropyl rubbing alcohol (surgical spirits in some countries)
- Any cleaning clothes.
- Water hose
Basic Ways of Removing the Dust and Debris
Plastic plants are prone to dust and debris. You have to remove them at the beginning. Here’s the process of cleaning your faux plants-
- Pick up the duster and start swinging over the fake leaves.
- Always take the plants outside to avoid an allergic reaction from the dust. It also helps dust-off properly.
- Now it’s time to start the vacuum cleaner and gulp all the itsy bitsy particles from the stem, roots, and foliage.
- After that use, soaked clothes and give the finishing. It will wash all the microbes from your faux plant.
- If you still think your plant needs extra washing for stubborn dirt, dip the whole plant into lukewarm water, or use a water hose to spray out all the filth.
Unique Ways of Cleaning Silk Plants
Silk plants and flowers need distinct supervision. The nature of its leaves is more delicate than others. As such, this unique condition requires soft hands that apply the tender approach. Otherwise, the silk plant can lose its color as well as the brightness.
To solve this issue, people came up with an idea called ‘dry cleaning.’ A solution like this can easily save your silk plants without biting them.
Tools you need
The elements you need for the dry cleaning are-
- Zip bag/plastic pillow cover
You can find these things in your kitchen and beauty drawer with ease.
How to Clean
Dry cleaning is an effective way of removing dirt where all you have to do is use salt or cornmeal to smoothly scrape the dust. Now question, how to do it?
First, take the zip bag (get a large one) and exhale some air into it. Then, take ½ cup of salt/cornmeal, which you will pour into the baggie for the magic to happen.
Now, grab your silk tree and put it into the zip-bag. Here’s the thing, if your silk plant is small that can fit into a zip bag, then just shove it into the bag, but if the plant is too large to fit in, you can always dismantle the plant and leave them numerically for separate cleaning. But make sure you check carefully which part pulled from where. It will help you to rearrange the plant quickly to its original shape.
At this point, seal the zipper and start shaking the bag gently. It’s better to do this process outside for cleanliness.
In the end, dust off remains particles from the stem and leaves with a hairdryer.
How to Clean the Fake Aquatic Plant
Aquatic plants are the most underrated plastic plant ever. They remain at the corner of your bathtub years after year without complaining. But that doesn’t mean they don’t deserve any clean-up. Plastic aquatic plants are good habitats for algae. You need to save them from those green aliens. Start the geezer, and Just keep them under the hot water for a couple of minutes, and that will do the work.
Water-bleach the Aqua Plants
Create a water-based bleach mixture and sink the plant into it for one hour at-least. That way, you will sterilize them quite well.
Tools you need
- Disposable hand gloves
- Protective glasses
- A jar- full of bleach.
How to Clean
At first, wear all the protective gear to save your hands and eyes. And then-
- Take a medium-size bucket and pour a gallon of hot water into it. Or you can cover your sinkhole and create a pull of hot water there.
- Sprinkle a spoon full of bleach into the water and whirl it every fifteen minutes; for multiple colored plants, use only ½ spoon of bleach.
- Drown the plants into the mixture fully; also leave them in the water at least for an hour.
- You can also dip the plant into chlorine water for better sterilizations, but that is not compulsory.
- After that, pull out the plants from the water and again give a fresh hot water wash.
Some Extra Tips on Cleaning
To give you extra leverage over dirt and filth on the fake plants, here are some extra tricks from undersleeves-
- Furniture polish is a very good idea to imply on the fake plants to give them some glow back.
- Take some fiber cloth, soak them with furniture polish, and then rub the fake plants with it.
- Alcohol is a great element to rub off black spots. Dip a toothbrush into alcohol then rinse over the spot.
- Nowadays, everyone knows a trick about drying a phone if it got into the water. If you put the phone into a sack of rice, it will dry from inside automatically. The same thing happens if you put the silk flowers or plant into it. Put them into the sack, shake it a couple of times, and then dust of the filth. Simple as making a pancake.
Cleaning is one job that almost everyone wants to escape from. But the truth is, the sooner you do it, the more efficiently the next time it will be. The fake plants will uphold their beauty if you love them.
And fake plants are great if they have all the appeal intact. Showing some care will increase its longevity. Give some hours every weekend to make sure of the dapperness of your plants.