Last updated on December 31st, 2022
How to protect Artificial plants Outside? Outdoor gardening is a great way to augment your porch’s boon, and artificial plants are unmatched in this matter. Outside decoration is a huge challenge due to the large open space, yet fake plants have been a budget-friendly option since the beginning. Artificial plants are becoming the best choice because they are affordable and undemanding.
Last update on 2022-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Lots of things to remember while buying artificial plants outdoors. Not only fake plants but outdoors is always harsh for any plants. Scorching Sun or acidic rain, plants have to survive. Fading is the most common issue artificial plants face in open places. Their color disappears within 2-3 years, but you need them for a long time. Because of that, it is so important to choose the right one that can endure the unforgiving weather conditions.
As you already know about outdoor artificial plants or you have, that’s why you’re searching for the exact solution to protect them. Here, we will find out how to protect artificial plants outside and give them a long-lasting life.
Check Protective Coatings before Buying
Caution has always been better than taking protection. Yes! The most efficient approach to protect outdoor plants is buying a plant that already has a protective coating like UV & water resistance. It is smart-thinking that protects outdoor artificial plants from UV rays and rainwater.
UV-resistance can shrink the damaging effect of UV rays and gives your faux plants extra years of sustainability what you want to. Water-resistant does the same thing with water and saves your plants. Most of the outdoor plants come with these features; however, check it before buying to avoid future complications.
Effectively Arrange Outdoor Artificial Plants
We know artificial plants built with plastic/silk strong materials are enough to endure severe environmental punishment. However, placing them someplace safe from the harsh sun and wind can enhance their life span. These are some areas you can plant your outdoor plants without obliterating the aesthetics of the garden-
- Place topiaries or bushes at the corners of your main door.
- Hang shrubs and other hanging plants on the walls that get less sunlight.
- Your porch is an impressive space for palm trees because of the shady environment. Place the palms there.
- Bushy plants like Japanese bamboo, banana plants, and palm have lots of foliage that are an excellent cover for your swimming pool. It’s an ideal place for faux plants.
Have to remember that fake trees are durable but not perpetual, so give them shadow and wind protection as much as you can.
How to Avoid Fading Issues?
“The Fading Months” of your area where you live, that actually means the hottest months of the calendar or the occasional rainy season; you have to avoid these months to protect your beauty. Not a way to move from these months, but you have a chance to save them from the hot sun and the rain.
Profuse sunbeams will tear down the colors, and in some cases, cracks will show. Before the scorching sun engulfs all your outdoor-plants take necessary actions to protect them. What to do to save them? Follow my lead.
Apply UV-Resistant Chemical
As we discussed before, buy a pre-coated UV-resistance plant; since you miss that part and buy a fake plant without coating, let me educate you on how to protect artificial plants outside with a UV- defiant spray.
A simple UV-resistant spray can easily lessen fading and enhance the plant’s durability for the coming years. The sprays won’t change the arrangements of the fake plants at-all. Prior to spraying, make sure the fake plants are clean and dirt-free; otherwise, the spray couldn’t work to its full potential. The cleansing also guarantees the coating is wide-spread equably.
You can buy any UV-resistant, yet here are some best products for your fake plants-
- Krylon ultra UV floral protectant spray
- UV-Spray, 400ml
- Home Safe artificial plants UV spray
- TriNova UV protectant spray.
- UV Outdoor Spray Protection by Artificial Plant shop.
Switch Your Plants Position
When we talk about fake outdoor plants, placing the plants are crucial because positioning them correctly can boost their life span. But another modus operandi to save those artificial plants from the inclemency is to rotate their actual position. There are two specific ways to pirouette the plants. You can either rotate the plant’s posture to reduce the UV effects on one side, swap the entire greenery, and relocate them throughout the season. Follow the given instruction if you wish to do that in the correct order.
The rotation plant technique is easy to understand and lethargic. Just have to change the sun-facing side of the plant in the opposite direction. By spinning the side, you will help the plant dodging harmful and discoloring sun-rays. Do this once a month, and you will see the results in time.
Swap the Plants
Swapping plants is a small word but going to pump your heart rate a few bits to the top. The idea is to seasonally switch the plant’s position on all sides of the house. You need to push the trees in and out during the different times of the year. By doing this, you will create a shield of altered position plants that make them invulnerable to UV rays. That means no cracking or fading for that summer. You also get a new exterior sketch every month if you tolerate the sweat dripping.
Cleanse Your Plants
Dust is a smooth criminal for the fake outdoor plants. A year of dirt, dust, and debris can silently choke the color of your artificial plants. You won’t even get the average longevity from the fake plants if you leave them as it is without cleaning. Try to clean them once in a week, but if you are unable to do that, at least maintain a routine cleaning once in a month. And do that in the summertime, because that is the “dust poring month” for your outdoor plants.
People use fake plants for their long-life and visual glamour, yet they will lose both without proper cleaning. To make this cleaning procedure easy, we described how to clean artificial plants in the next segment.
How You Should Clean the Dirty Plants
It’s true, fake plants don’t need any extra assistance as real plants do, but that doesn’t mean you neglect them and leave them unprotected without cleaning. Cleaning fake plants is easy because there is a certain way to clean them. All you have to do is learn those techniques and utilize them well. The process of cleaning dirty outdoor plants are sequentially given below-
- Too much dust and dirt already made them weak, and to clean them, you have to be gentle. Your hands should subtly do movements to reduce further damage.
- As mentioned above, clean them once a month. This cleaning routine will avoid stubborn filth piling on the foliage.
- It’s tough to remove stains or dust from silk plants/flowers. You will find some cleaner products specialized for silk materials. Most of them are waterless solutions, so you don’t have to worry about color temperament.
- You can also choose some home materials for cleaning, such as dish-washing soap. They are very effective. Create a mix of soapy liquid and spray them with a hoax.
- Vinegar and water mix is also an excellent choice of cleanser. They won’t fade the colors while cleansing the dirtiest filth from the plants.
Choosing the Right Plants
Everyone knows artificial plants are best for creating an outdoor garden that would remain vibrant and kitschy over the years. But very few among us understand which fake plant is flawless and has all the essential quality to go on as it is in the outdoor environment. So instead of talking about how to protect them, let’s explore which types of faux plants suitable for defending cruel nature.
Outdoor Artificial Flowering Plants
People love flowers, and a whole garden of it mesmerizes all and sundry. But real flowers are hard to bloom regularly while fake one can shine every day, and if it’s an orchid, that’s going to be a win-win situation. You love it!
Last update on 2022-12-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Outdoor Artificial Trees
Trees are beautiful but take time to grow. For decoration, fake trees are the best choice if you have no more time to care for them every day. Therefore, artificial trees are the only option available for outdoor gardening.
But, things to remember that, if you’re a retired person or only housewife and have time to do lots of greenery stuff, the better for you to live with real plants. Otherwise, faux plants and trees make your house green with less effort.
What is the best way to protect artificial plants outside?
Many people enjoy gardening, but they may not be familiar with the risks of plants and artificial plants. Artificial plants are manufactured to look like natural ones and can be attractive additions to any garden. But like real plants, artificial plants can be susceptible to pests and diseases. The best way to protect artificial plants outside is by using a proper pest control program that includes a weed control component.
How do I protect my artificial plants from the sun?
Artificial plants are a popular choice for anyone looking for an easy way to add some greenery to their home. But like any other piece of furniture or decoration, artificial plants need to be taken care of if they’re going to last. Here are a few tips on how to protect your artificial plants from the sun:
1. Make sure your artificial plant is in the shade when it’s not in use.
2. Keep your artificial plant watered regularly and avoid over-watering.
3. Protect your artificial plant from UV rays by using a sunscreen protector spray or shield when needed.
4. Make sure you replace your artificial plant every 3-5 years so it can continue to look fresh and new.
Modern artificial plants are unique in a way that can endure everything and anything you throw at them. Besides, they designed beautifully- especially the flowers that outdoor become alive because of them.
New cutting edge technology is also available for making them water-proof and UV-proof as well. Just spray, make them invincible.
- 1 Check Protective Coatings before Buying
- 2 Effectively Arrange Outdoor Artificial Plants
- 3 How to Avoid Fading Issues?
- 4 Apply UV-Resistant Chemical
- 5 Switch Your Plants Position
- 6 Rotation Technique
- 7 Swap the Plants
- 8 Cleanse Your Plants
- 9 How You Should Clean the Dirty Plants
- 10 Choosing the Right Plants
- 11 Outdoor Artificial Flowering Plants
- 12 Outdoor Artificial Trees
- 13 FAQs
- 14 What is the best way to protect artificial plants outside?
- 15 How do I protect my artificial plants from the sun?
- 16 Final Words