Last updated on December 31st, 2022
How to Secure Artificial Plants in Pot? The greenery around the porch or the dining table is something cool that gives an invigorating sensation, and everyone is crazy about it. People always prefer living shrubs over dead plastic plants; however, fake plants are long-term investments more enduring and almost the same.
Last update on 2023-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Many complain, their fake plants don’t exhibit any real features or lack the real lashes. Lots of tricks and techniques are available to confer that vibrant flush onto the fake plants- you can either hang them above eye level or on the top of the coop. Despite all your methods, fake plants will live a shady life hiding from the eyes if you overlook their pot or the container.
Fake plants have certain aesthetics, which is very delicate and to keep it that way, pot renovation is necessary. By reason, we do some research on faux plant potting and create some guidelines on how to secure artificial plants in a pot.
Why are Planters Important?
Decorating the house with silk plants sounds like a plan, but an expensive one, yet all these become substandard gimmicks without proper planting. Spend all the energy, time, and money while choosing the fake plant, but all these will be in vain if you act goofy and not understand how to secure a planter for the faux plant.
Exploiting house left-over’s as a fake plant container is a nice way to save the planet, making it greener again. However, these discarded bottles decrease the fake plant’s splendor. If you think a container’s function is holding the plants, then you must open your eyes and look beyond the undemanding life.
Urban class extremes, or forest density any direction you steer to decorate your faux plants; you will need a certain class planter to express that sentiment.
How to Pick a Secure Pot for the Plants
A tiny pot that comes with the fake plants often creates annoyance, but not anymore! Wonderful planter is in your hand’s distance. When you fully digest how a good pot looks like, choosing a planter will be a child’s play. Let’s find out how-
Buy New Planter
Fake plants often come pre-potted. You recently bought a new artificial plant?
Congratulations! Now embrace the repotting phase. Bring a new planter, or buy from the shop, and put the whole pre-potted plant into the new basket to make it more secure. If anyone wishes only the new pot for their plants, they are welcome too.
In the word-game, “planter and pots” is not the same thing. Those tiny, puny containers are called pots, and the big ones are planters. Both can contain plants, but pots are small, which often causes tripping, not sound for fake plants. On the contrary, planters are larger than the pots and easy to fit those delicate faux plants. However, pots and planters are commonly used for the same terms against artificial plants. So my advice is, when you buy a container for the plants, buy a big one.
As an example- if you buy a plant like 4″ “Ball topiaries,” it comes with a 4″ x4″ pot in diameter, but when you buy a cactus plant that comes with a small, thus when changing them, make sure you change the size twice as much.
Choose Pots with Porthole
The drainage system is important for any pot or plant container no matter what plant you have, real or fake. It will give your plant an extra edge on styling, and another thing about hollowed pots is that you can re-use them for live plants in the future.
Choose Better Material
Last but not least, think about the material you want in the pot. When you go shopping, you have three options: terracotta/ceramic, wood, and plastic. Avoid plastic; they are cheap, but not reliable. I will suggest you take terracotta or ceramic because their natural elements will give an authentic look to your fake plants.
How to Secure the Artificial Plants in the Pot
As you already know how to choose a good pot, now it is time for real action. In here, I will show you how to set-up the fake plants tightly to the container and in a chronicle way to help you understand.
- Always measure the plants’ diameter before buying a new pot. It will reduce future complications.
- Choose a nice elegant pot for your dearest little faux shrubs. Let me remind you again. Buy one scale bigger than the normal plant size.
- As you use fake plants, don’t forget to cover the punch hole under the pots. Tape the hole from inside to avoid bad styling. It will help you with further adding and re-shaping.
- Now it’s time to install the faux greenery into the pot, but you need to do some stuffing to make it sturdy before that. Either add papers or floral foam, it’s up to you. More stuffing means more potential.
- For the more stable base, you can use plaster or heavy stones around the plant’s root. But make sure the stones are small and round.
- Keep a steady hand to put the plant in the middle section. If you don’t have plaster or stones, use regular materials like mud or sand. They also do the same work, balancing the weight.
- The weight balance needs to distribute equally, or else the plant will bank at any corner and fall over eventually.
- You can disguise the top section of the plant with live toppings like moss, bark, or fern, etc. Experts suggest much more than that because there is no dearth of toppings at the shop. These are excellent camouflage for mimicking the plant’s live counterpart.
Fake plants are lighter than real plants. Moreover, it has no roots. That’s why the purpose of securing artificial plants into the pot is obligatory. Clean the plants and the pots every once or twice a week. Otherwise, the filth will reduce the plant quality over the years. If you follow the guideline from the start, it will be a job for you.